The whole subject of the Messiah— or more properly the Messiahs, who they are, when they are to appear, and precisely what they will accomplish–is one about which we should remain open and tolerant. there are many diverse views and opinions held by devoted students of the Scriptures and sicen the Biblical texts are not absolutely clear, one might do well to avoid dogmatism. No one has all the these matters figured out, and I for one, find myself particularly skeptical of those who claim they do.
Read about the Biblical Doctrine of the Messiahs here*
To learn how rabbis dealt with the two aspects of the messianic prophecies see:
- The Messiah Texts by Raphael Patai
- “By Three Days, live’: Messiahs,Resurrection and Ascend to Heaven in hason Gabriel” Journal of Religion (2008) 88:147-158.
- Restoring the Abrahamic Faith by James D. Tabor
- A pierced or piercing Messiah” Biblical Archeology Review, Nov/Dec 1992. pp 58-59.
- The Jesus Dynasty chapter 10 or visit jamesdtabor.org
- The Passover Plot by Hugh Schonfield 1965
All available in our Amazon link
|Restoring Abrahamic Faith
by James D. Tabor